Fruits and vegetables are natural weight loss foods. They are high in fiber, so they keep you feeling full, but they are also low in calories. They are packed with nutrition, too, so they help ensure that you get the vitamins and minerals you need while losing weight.
5 Weight-Loss Fruits
1. Blueberries – Blueberries have one of the highest levels of anti-oxidants, so they can help prevent diseases, in addition to being good natural weight-loss foods.
They are lower in natural sugar than many other fruits, so they help ensure a stable blood sugar. Blood sugar spikes, even when from natural sugars, tend to help the body hang on to fat.
2. Strawberries – Strawberries are much like blueberries. They taste sweet, are high in antioxidants, but fairly low in sugar, so they’re great natural weight loss foods.
3. Apples – Apples are also high in antioxidants, but are also great natural weight loss foods because they contain lots of fiber. This fiber helps keep your digestive system functioning properly and keeps you feeling full.
4. Oranges and Grapefruits – Highly acidic fruits are very good for helping your body shed toxins, so they’re great natural weight loss foods. In addition, they offer high levels of vitamin C.
5. Melons – Melons are made up of mostly water, so they’re very low in calories. They also have lots of vitamins. Watermelon has as much iron as spinach!
5 Weight-Loss Vegetables
1. Leafy greens – this include spinach, romaine and other lettuces, kale, etc. They fill you up and offer tons of vitamins with very few calories.
2. Cucumbers – Cucumbers fill you up, but they have almost no calories.
3. Broccoli – Broccoli is very filling and very nutritious. It’s a great weight loss food, but can make people feel very gassy, so it’s not always good in large quantities.
4. Tomatoes – yes, they’re technically a fruit, but we usually think of them as a vegetable. They are filled with antioxidants like lycopene, so they are very healthy, as well as being filling and low calorie.
5. Sweet potatoes – Sweet potatoes are a little starchy and have more calories than any of the other vegetables that I’ve listed here.
However, they’re still a top weight loss food because they are incredibly nutritious and they can help you avoid cravings because they taste sweet. Just avoid loading them up with butter and sugar/cinnamon topping to save calories.The cinnamon is fine, but not the sugar.